Grow your own workforce
Grow your business sustainably by growing local talent.
Research has shown that regional employers across Australia are more likely to retain staff (particularly early career graduates) if those staff originated from their local region and were developed as local talent with support from their employer.
Some ways employers develop local talent include:
- Engaging in work experience programs and supporting career expos with local schools
- Engaging with work placement programs with local TAFEs
- Engaging with work integrated learning programs with Universities
- Offering jobs with paid training included, such as Griffith City Council’s trainee development engineer program
- Offering cadetships, such as Pinnacle Accounting
Need staff now?
Contact schools, vocation education providers and Universities for more information on how they can help you find the right employee.
Incentives + programs
There is a range of subsidies, exemptions and incentives available for employers, to help support you through developing your staff.